Saturday, February 11, 2012

Inspiration Deficiency

So it's been a while since I have written anything. Now, this is not to say that I haven't started a good many blog posts, because I have. I have started some, then deleted them. I have completed some, then after reading them, decided that they didn't convey my thoughts properly, or thought they were too personal. Who knows, I may even delete this one after I am finished.

I have noticed an unfortunate pattern as of late. That pattern being that I have been having a lack of inspiration lately. I don't know if it comes from feeling to forced to be creative, or if I have just been pushing too many personal and work/class projects together, but its really starting to get to me. I don't consider myself a "artist" I don't think my work is really worthy or that title, but I would rather say I'm a participant in the art process, and lately, my participation grade has only been so so. I'm currently taking two art classes and I haven't really been feeling the spark of inspiration. I can't seem to produce anything that I'm really proud of. Now, I have only had one project in both of these classes so I could have some sort of come back, and be struck with the inspiration stick, but for now it's nowhere to be found. Even in my personal projects, I have not been happy with the product. I have been trying to edit some engagement photos for a bit of time now, and I'm just not particularly happy with the photos I'm producing. I have had other people talk to me about possibly want me to take some photos for them, and as of right now, I don't really have much faith in my ability to do so.

I'm not quite sure how to wash away this funk. I've been debating if I just need to get away; go on a mini vacation, take a short trip, go for a long hike, or maybe just go home for a weekend (although I don't think that would clear my head any). Anyway, I'm going to try and keep positive, and just hope that I can shake this funk.



On a different note, for those out there that are fans of the Hunger Games series, this song by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars has been released. Now, normally I am not a fan of Taylor Swift, BUT I am a big fan of the Civil Wars, and if feel like they have a stronger influence on the song, even though Taylor is the main voice on it. 
And here is one of my favorite songs by The Civil Wars if you want to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment