Sunday, January 13, 2013

Simple

Sometimes I long for simplicity, to live a life that is devoid of all the things that makes us wired and connected. Often times I find myself dreaming of ways to disconnect from all the chaos. I dream of leaving the life I know, only taking my necessary possessions, and finding some small cabin, with a fireplace, in the middle of nowhere where I can call my home. I would find a simple job that would bring in income, and when I wasn't working I would spend the rest of my time reading, writing, hiking, playing with my dog, or maybe even take up fishing. I would plant a little garden too. Grow some green beans, and various herbs. Fruits as well, because what is life without blueberries, and strawberries. I'm not quite sure what it says about me as a person to wish for this so often. I'm also not quite so sure what it says about me to wish so much. Stillness is want a long for at times. I long to be in a place where the only thing that moves is the nature and weather around me. To have room to think where there isn't the noise of industry clouding my thoughts.

Anyway, I could ramble on but I won't keep you any longer. Just a passing thought.

The Gundersen Family- Wandering Bird

Oh and a movie recomendation: The River Why

No comments:

Post a Comment