Thursday, March 12, 2015

I year and 52 stories: A challenge

So over the past few years, my boyfriend and I have taken to serving up a little friendly competition between the two of us. On average, actually every challenge, he has bested me! While this year we are still continuing some of our traditional challenges, this year we decided to add a new one to the mix. We each had been discussing how we have felt to be in a bit of a creative slump when it comes to writing, made very clear by the state of my blog (sorry to anyone who may actually read it!). So, to remedy this situation we have come up with a bit of a push to get our creative juices flowing.

For this year's challenge he and I will be sending each other a writing prompt of our choosing every Wednesday morning. Then, the other will have a week to write a response to the prompt that we have been given. The prompts I will be giving him will be coming from the 642 Things to Write Journal, and the prompts he will be giving me are from the 712 Things to Write Journal

Now, whether or not there will be consequences if we do not fulfill the prompt on time, has yet to be discussed, along with some other little bits, but has that is defined I will update you here. If you would like to follow my boyfriends postings, which I highly suggest, he will be posting them to his Tumblr which you can find here. I may also post my responses to my tumblr in addition to my blog here, but that has yet to be decided.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the posts to come, and let the writing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment