Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy Bee

It's been a minute since I've written, but let me tell you it's not due to laziness. This semester has been exceedingly busy for me. Between work, school, attempts at sleep, and job hunting, I haven't had too much free time. My life has become relativity scheduled and I'm not a person that likes scheduling every little thing.

I'm not taking too many classes this semester, but since I'm graduating in December, all but one class is a 4000 level: Two anthropology, one art, one geography. One anthro class has me reading at least 70 pages of articles a week, along with quizzes almost every week, and on weeks we don't have quizzes we have papers. The other anthro class has a good 50 pages of readings a week, and every week is a set of questions from the readings and then added random papers for our research. Then my art class meets 2 times a week for 3 hours a piece. We've had a different project due every week since the start of the semester and one piece takes at least 6 hours of outside of class time, and class time is mainly work time, so that's close to 12 hours a week on painting. The geography class isn't really much other than studying and tests. Then I work 20 hours a week (and I really need a second job), and have also been attempting to do some job hunting so I have something to do once I graduate. So, I've been fairly tied up in all of this, but granted, it could be worse.

Sadly, this means I haven't been able to do some things that I would have liked to. Like that table I wanted to refurbish...still haven't started. I've been looking at drawer pulls, and I may have found some that I like, but I'm not entirely sure yet. The look like this

Any thoughts? They also have a brass version too. 

I haven't been hiking in a good while either, but I think I'm going to try and make time to go this weekend. I know, I want to schedule a trip to Amicalola Falls sometime in the near future so I can start the Canyon Climbers Club. ANYWAY I'm going to try and make more time to write and such, so hopefully there will be more stuff here and the fun things I would like to do.

So I have a good number of songs I've been listening to lately....


The Lumineers- "Flowers in your hair"

The Lumineers- "Hey Ho"
(I've been listening to a lot of their stuff recently)

Head and The Heart- "Down in the Valley"

Ewert and The Two Dragons- "Good Man Down"
Ok....so first....hear me out on this next one. I know the implications of putting this particular artist up here, but I think the cover she does of this song actually does the original justice. So please....just accept me.

"Lilac Wine"- Originally by Jeff Buckley, covered by............Miley Cyrus...........yeah, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment