Thursday, December 15, 2011

Smelly Goodness!..and such.

Ok, so I found possibly the best smelling candle ever! It's from Yankee Candle and it's called Mountain Lodge. This thing smells... amazing! Unfortunately the candles are kind of expensive but it smelled so good I could not resist! If I could, I would bathe in this stuff...that's how good it smells. So, if you are in the market for a good candle...Mountain Lodge is it!

On an unrelated side note... I've been reading a good bit about Falconry. Now, traditionally, falconry is the act of hunting with the use of a trained falcon,hawk, or eagle. Now, today, there are those who practice falconry, but don't actually hunt with the birds. They use a lure of sorts with a piece of meat on the end that they move through the air to test the bird. Attempting to keep it just out of the reach of the bird to demonstrate how the bird would hunt. However, there are falconers today that still use the birds for hunting. Now, I've never gone hunting myself, but this way of hunting is really interesting to me. I'm not sure if it's the idea of working with the birds or the history behind it that interests me. It's probably a bit of both. I have always had a fascination and fondness with birds, so I have really enjoyed reading up on this. AND if you want to see a cool bird watch this video on the Lyre Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment