Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Songs of note...

...See what I did there...
Anyway, this post is really nothing more that some songs/artists I have been listening to. I'm pretty big on music and love listening/discovering new music. So, I thought I would put some songs on here that I enjoy. btw...they're in no particular order.

This is Andy McKee. He is a wonderful guitarist. I suggest you watch some of his other videos as well. I think what I like about him the most is that not only does he play beautifully, it's also an experience just to watch him play.
This is City and Colour (AKA Dallas Green from Alexisonfire). Overall, I enjoy his voice and his guitar playing. This is his solo group away from his band Alexisonfire, but his solo is VERY different from his original band. I like both personally but they are two pretty different styles. Here is a link if you want to check out his other band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEI-v5Haw1M&feature=related
The Staves! This a group that I fairly recently heard about. The way their voices bend is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for their EP to come out on the 11th.


First Aid Kit. These two come from Sweden and are pretty awesome. I love this song, but there is one part of it that always kind of throws me off. You will know what I'm talking about when you hear it.
This group is The Fleet Foxes. This is kind of a conglomerate of two songs but I liked it. Also, this group has some pretty nice facial hair going on.
MUMFORD AND SONS! Anyone who knows me probably knows that I'm in love with this band. Here is one of their new songs! Love it!! If you want to watch a funny interview with them here's a good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpPZYcYt2Fs&noredirect=1


King Charles. I personally love him. He's kind of goofy and quirky but that makes it all the better!
Avett Brothers. Really...what can I say other than that they are AWESOME!
Laura Marling. Super awesome as well. Check it out! She has also done a good bit of colab work with Mumford and Sons, and Johnny Flynn. Also, she used to be a part of Noah and the Whale.
Matthew and The Atlas. Also a group I recently discovered. I believe I have posted this song before but...oh well.

Alright, I'm going to make myself stop now. I could put a few more on here but I may save them for another post.





No comments:

Post a Comment